Friday, January 11, 2013

NOT YOUR INTENDED AUDIENCE?

As Betsy Bird put it: I have a doppelgänger. She is a writer for My Little Pony. You can read all about it on my other blog. My Little Pony was intended for little girls. It's pretty obvious when you watch the show. I tolerated a few minutes of one episode on YouTube. It's very pink, very girly... and there are talking, flying ponies. Enough said. On my blogpost I said how there is a huge cult following of "MLP" called "Bronies." Bro - nies. Get it... "bro" meaning adult males totally dig this show. Yeeeah.

So this brings me to my thought. In teen lit there seems to be a lot of cross over going on. Just look at Hunger Games. It seems that the children's arena may have an untapped marked yet. Who knows where this may take us next. Who knows what cult following might pop up! Harry Potter has fans of all sorts. I'm curious to know what book will hit it big with the adults. I'm keeping my eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment