Thursday, June 21, 2012

OH...THE JOY OF THE AD

We all know that McDonald's fusses with the look of their hamburger for their ads... but it's interesting that McD's Canada is out in the open about it. I like that they take us step by step:





Now that I work in the bookstore kiddy dept. again I'm seeing MUCH MUCH more digital art than I was about 4 years ago. This concerns me. Where are we going with this? It's certainly quicker to color art on the computer and there is a place for it but I've seen it done badly and it can look gross. It can also look nice and I'm quite accustomed to it in graphic novel form. I'm just wondering: am I going to be one of the last remaining illustrators to be painting on paper??? Will everyone else be doing at least some part of their work digitally ala McDonald's style? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm still doing it, I just prefer how it looks. Digital colouring has its place but you can't beat a hand-drawn and hand-painted book.

    ReplyDelete