Wednesday, September 28, 2011

BOOK DESIGN -- HABIBI


-- AUTHOR/ARTIST Craig Thompson --

Blankets is a really good graphic novel about a new, young relationship. It's a great teen read though it's shelved in the adult section in bookstores.



Since I liked it so much I bought this book.






I haven't yet read it but the design is gorgeous.

This is why books will live on (I hope!). There is a gold foil inlay on the cover and spine and the inside is equally well designed.

This is why books are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. The only other work by Thompson, that I've read, is Blankets (New Hardcover Edition), which is an autobiographical story. In that story he deals with the conflict between his religious upbringing and his first love. Both stories look at how religious upbringing governs actions and attitudes.

    Marlene Detierro (Cash Advance Fee)

    ReplyDelete